Old February 13th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dav Law

Default accident at 2005 junior worlds

Well I totally disagree that the pilot was in anyway
responsible and am disgusted by the comments on rec.aviation,(espe
cially those from anonymous posters, gutless *******s)
if one reads the report it is obvious that the photographer
deliberately put himself in the flight path and had
to jump off the car to avoid being hit the day before.
He is therefore at fault, had he hot been there, there
would have been no accident, simple really.

If he had been standing on a 500ft tower he could
have been hit by a glider at 500ft just as easily.
The report makes clear this was a common practice at
this comp and this incident should not be used to further
the cause of the minority of nasty vindictive power
crazed fun killing safety Nazis instructors who are
slowly destroying gliding membership with their nanny
state type ways. The pilot should sleep fine, its those
who love to blame who should hang their heads in shame.

There is a significant advantage as stated in the report
and on rec.aviation in flying close to the ground,
closer the better just because you don’t do it doesn’t
mean that others should not. Personally I do not fly
like that myself but that is MY choice and I wouldn’t
dream of telling others what they should do, by all
means don’t do it yourself but let those that wish
to and can do so have their fun.