Old January 18th 18, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default What a race in Chile today!!!

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 11:39:48 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Dear John, let me paraphrase what you wrote:

“RC put a grand prix style option into the rules for several years. Nobody used it, so it got dropped in a general clean up. No conspiracy.”

-The RC created their own set of rules to the increasingly popular game of Sailplane Grand Prix to be different from the rest of the world. One that allows pilots to enter but not really compete. It wasn’t popular, we failed and still reluctant to use standard IGC rules, due to cult religion unwritten rules of the SSA.

Nobody said there was any conspiracy! This is clearly a disregard to get in sync with the where the sport has shifted to worldwide.

The simple fact is that the USA can’t see past the borders of our country to join the rest of the world. The RC holds meetings to thump their chest, create new cockamamie rules, and completely disregard any reality of the continuous decline in the sport.

The true winners in the sport of soaring are those with a matching start time, matching course and can come out ahead in an actual race. Make no mistake that MAT’s and TAT’s are not a race against anyone except yourself.

GP is PURE racing. Time for the USA to wake up, including you B.B. Quit thumping your oppugnant verses of the SSA Bible.

Oh no, here we go again. Most of R.A.S., if not all, relished your absence. Please consider it a permanent practice. The "SHUT UP & FLY" T-shirt seems most appropriate for your affliction.