Old October 12th 04, 06:33 AM
Dave Cobb

I'd love to see a video documentary of these kinds of flights... (minus a
few circles of course) do you know of any such videos?

"Mary Daniel or David Grah" wrote in message
Thanks Dave. The flight was a lot of fun.

Yes, I use an oxygen system made by Nelson. I think they're out of
business
now.

There are no flight plan requirements based on altitude.

I mostly use a World Aeronautical Chart but just this summer bought a GPS
record a track of my flight.

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
Amazing trek! As a propeller-head with only a few (albeit very
enjoyable) glider flights I had a few questions...

- For these high flights (you mentioned 17k) are you using some sort
of oxygen system?

- Isn't there a certain altitude that requires a flight plan?

- What sort of equipment do you use for these XC flights (transponder,
gps, etc)?