Old April 28th 20, 08:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Minimum acceptable self-launch climb rate

I also agree with Eric. Having been flying an ASH26e and recently a
Ventus self-launcher I have never been in the slightest concerned about climbing at around 54 knots. It is totally different from being on an aerotow.. I would definitely not want to trade climb rate for climb speed. The only thing to be very aware of is the pitch change when the propulsion stops before the engine is retracted.