Old August 7th 03, 08:29 PM
John T

"FryGuy" wrote in message
1

1) I'm pretty sure that it is
not a problem with me being his safety pilot but he told me I can log
the time PIC. Is this correct?

3) Ok, now the combination of the two. Lets say I do need an
endorsment for the complex/HP aircraft. Can I log time as the safety
pilot in this plane if I haven't yet gotten the endorsment for
complex/HP?

According to AOPA:
quote
We have a letter of interpretation from the FAA on this topic. According to
the letter, a safety pilot who does not have a complex or high-performance
endorsement can act as such, assuming they are appropriately rated in the
aircraft (ASEL, etc). However, because they do not have the appropriate
endorsement, they cannot act as PIC. This means the safety pilot would have
to log SIC for the flight.
/quote

--
John T