Old December 4th 03, 02:51 PM
Mike Rhodes

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 22:20:25 -0500, Margy Natalie
wrote:

hmmm, the first successful flight of the '03 Wright Flyer replica at Kitty Hawk
didn't end in broken parts (the second did) and according to Scott Crossfield
all of the flights they make are 119 feet as they don't want to disrespect the
Wright Brothers. That's the party line and I like it ;-).

Is this out of politeness to comrades? Or the worship of mystics?
This first is understood by all, for most all should know the meaning
of the word 'grace.' The second (if actually taken that far -- and I
think this is much to common), will likely isolate, and recall a bad
connotation onto the word 'comrade.' Even though common (and
therefore 'understood' by even many), I refuse grace at this point.

I know this party line of questioning to be a dangerous one. It is
accusational, and therefore can't help but be disrespectful. But I
don't care about those hurt feelings.
I've learned to have a certain amount of distaste for clubs -- of
any kind. I believe such a group psychology has a negative impact on
everyone. Groups tend to multiply feelings. If good then they heep
them up high. If bad then everyone gets that kind of drunk together.
They don't want that, so, (if they think they can get away with it),
they tend to tell everyone everything is a-okay. Some of us prefer
circumstances to be seen for what they are, not for what they would
have wanted them to be.

All the Wright brothers had to do was observe the arrow, as it flies a
precise flight; and consider what might happen if they changed that
very simple design. And all they had to do was observe the bird in
its astonishing air-dance. Apparently they did not do that, and put
part of their tail feathers up front. That was really kind of dumb,
wouldn't you say? But I do know what the party line is on this
matter, and I don't like it.

Mike