Old June 7th 12, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruno[_2_]

Default Where are you Butterfly vario?

On Jun 7, 12:33*pm, RAS56 wrote:
I Emailed LxNav and Uros replied they are looking at our suggestion of adding a user selectable sub menu of choices. How to pull up the data is the question; David, I used your suggestion about using the SC switch, hopefully they'll use that or something similar.

Very quick response from them....great products and great customer service! A pleasure doing business with folks that have those attributes!

RAS56

I feel guilty about everyone having hijacked this thread - sorry
beensoaring... Here is a suggestion to get what we want with the
V7 but not have to install sc switches:

When you press the knob on the unit for a short period of time it
currently takes you to three glider setup pages: MC / bugs / wing
knob once it opens up the secondary group of screens we are talking
about? If you don't turn the knob but click on it again it goes back
to the first MC page. So to get to our more hidden data quickly all
we have to do is press the knob 4 times and turn knob once. That
sounds like a lot but isn't if you think about it. What I don't want
to have happen is for you to press the knob and NOT be able to
immediately change the MC setting. I find I am doing this all the
time so it is great help to have it there with only one push...OK, how
about the following? Since we don't change the wing loading or bugs
very often make that 4th page I suggested to enter into the other info
pages #2 in rotation. MC, Secondary pages entry, Bugs, Wing loading.
What do you think? We need to be very careful what we suggest because
I have personally witnessed the LXNAV guys be incredibly responsive to
suggestions with changes coming within 24 hours of the first contact!
Great group to work with so far! Maybe they need a forum or location
to publicly suggest improvements/changes without it being on
beensoaring's thread. LOL

Bruno -B4