Old February 14th 13, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Turn coordinator? How dare they!

Wow, that's a sensational picture you paint. You might like this idea better? How about eliminating the risky cross country aspect of sailplane racing? Instead have a national spot landing contest? No need for jury, stewards and all. We can use the English language.

(Can't wait for April 1st too)

HA

Hmm. Those landings sound pretty dangerous to me. Especially those desperate pilots trying to nail the spot. They might scratch the gel coat under the nose. Better to make the "spot" 500 feet up over the middle of the airport, and demonstrate a "landing" through GPS.

There are many reasons I can't wait for April 1st
BB