Old March 25th 10, 10:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Neil[_2_]

Default TR-21 mounting screws

On Mar 24, 9:03*pm, wrote:
The TR-21 comes with long (1.25 inch) black flathead screws (4-40).
These screws are the countersink type and do not work well with my
fiberglass instrument panel. They have a small head.

I'm looking for a source for machine screws, 4-40 x 1.25", in a black
non-metallic material. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Raul Boerner

4-40 screws in that length are hard to come by. Your best bet would be
to use the screws supplied with the TT21 and use countersink finishing
washers. These effectively turn the countersink screw into a pan head
screw and are available in various materials and colours. I have seen
this done successfully on several panels.

Neil