Old August 5th 03, 07:44 PM
Jim Weir

Well, since I've been accused of baiting an argument in these ngs, perhaps now I
am considered a master baiter.

Ahem.

Instead of answering you directly, I will instead give you general advice. I
can't honestly tell enuf about the problem from the description given to point
you straight. (BTW, when you post a question during Oshkosh week, be prepared
to wait for answers.)

The CENTER of the antenna (where the coax connects) is totally numb to
metal/carbon. The TIPS of the antenna are the most sensitive. The bigger the
metal/carbon the more effect it has. I could make filthy analogies, but I'll
let them rest.

Keep the TIPS as far away from large expanses of metal/carbon as you can.
That's the best advice I can give.

Jim

cal (BD5ER)

-Nav antenna in the lower surface of a canard (tandem wing, big canard). I
have
-a choice of the tip of one foil strip centered (about 6 inch to either)
between
-an isolated bolt and fitting in the outer elevator hinge and the carbon fiber
-spar, or crossing the spar about 8 inches from the tip.
http://www.rst-engr.com