Old March 3rd 05, 08:26 AM
Ric

"MJC" wrote in message
A few years ago, good friend of mine, riding his Harley, was stopped
and
waiting at a red light on a Friday evening on his way home from work. I
imagine that while he was waiting for the light to change, he was probably
wondering what his wife might have cooked for dinner.
Seconds later, he was dead, hit by a drunk who never saw him or the red
light.
I've always ridden bikes (yup, a Harley), and I know the risks. And
it's
because I know the risks of both motorcycles and airplanes that I would
also
prefer the "risk" of flying over a mountain at night rather than sitting
still on a Harley at a red light on a weekend evening.

Your statement makes no sense, if you ride bikes and fly you risk both.

Ric

MJC

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message

"houstondan" wrote in message
oups.com...
very thought provoking thread for me. valuable stuff to consider
personal minimums. as someone who has been riding motorcycles for 40
years, i find it kinda tough to be critical of the decisions other
people make when the biggest killer of stupid old men is really big
motorcycles.

I ride bike's also, Every time I stop at a light I wait for the idiot
that
doesn't see me and is going to plow in to me, hearing someone's tires
skidding behind you is not a good sound or a good feeling. Being boxed in

on
the highway or while at a stop light on a bike by people that think its
funny is not a good feeling also. What about being tail gated while on a
bike. I will take flying a single over the mountains at night rather then
getting creamed by some loser that's not paying attention or wanting to

play
with people on motorcycles.