Old October 28th 03, 10:58 PM
Jeff

Thats what their patent claims, so far, some of the biggest companies, Hustler,
wicked, Vivid, lodge net, and others, have signed their license agreement. After
our attorney reviewed the patents, we signed it also. Its no joke, they are
going after everyone, they have had the courts shut down alot of sites that
refused to pay licensing fee's.
A few places are litigating it, I am sure the out come of the trial will
invalidate the patents, but as of now, they are enforcing them.

BTW they havnt been standing in any lines, they have been pushing their way to
the front of it

This is the same company who in 2000, claimed they held the patent on the V-chip
technology, alot of companies paid up, a few went to court. after 2 years,
acacia lost. But as Rob Berman said in a radio interview "we made 200 million
dollars, so did we really lose"

Jay Honeck wrote:

There is a company called Acacia that claims to own the patent on recorded
streaming media.
They are asking that people pay them huge amounts of money to license

their DMT
patents. How do I know about this, because we got a letter from them

asking us
to pay them $10k to license their patents. They are not playing around,

they
even sent these letters to universities, online radio stations and so

forth.

They claim a patent on ALL streaming media? Wow -- that's arrogance of
Microsoftian proportions.

Well, I suppose if they want to stop our fun, they can have a whack at me.

But they'll have to stand in line to do it. ;-)

(What's a "DMT patent"?)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA