Old August 14th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Al[_1_]

Default Letter from TSA?

We got a visit. Folks from the TSA visited our local flight school, and
demanded that the school get and keep on file a copy of ALL students birth
certificate or passport. Not foreign students mind you, all students. I was
told that I am exempt by virtue of my CFI.

Western Oregon school of Aviation
Roseburg, Oregon

Al G

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
Got one this week (or last week, I've been out of town) that says that new
rules for CFI's have been implemented, etc, etc, etc. The odd thing is,
it looks like it was printed on a $50 printer and wasn't even in an
official envelope like I'm used to seeing from the FAA. It really only
had a bunch of links in the letter. Has anyone gotten this?