Old September 24th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Clark

Default Best place for CG along roll axis

The original poster is talking exclusively about MS Flight Sim.

IMO, he should go hang out in the simulation groups or websites where
the types of questions he asks would be more appropriately answered
for his frame of reference. But that's just me.

On 24 Sep 2006 04:53:15 -0700, "Huck"
wrote:

It sounds like you need to spend some time with a good instructor just
going over weight and balance for your airplane/s. I am not saying that
you need to do one every time but once you have done it for yourself
and realize it isn't letting the airplane handle the way you would like
then you can do some experimenting and try to get the plane to handle
like you would like. You also have to remember that there are pros/cons
for both forward and rearward cg. Also dangers to the extremes of both.
Take some time and work through it with your local instructor that
knows teh plane. If he tries to tell you not to worry about it find a
new instructor!!
Matt tiberii
Comm ASEL ASES AMEL
CFI CFII
Mxsmanic wrote:
After constantly struggling with a heavy nose in several aircraft it
occurred to me that having a fat pilot in front and nothing else was
moving the CG forward. I put some weight in back and moved the CG
further back over the wings, and handling improved greatly. Is there
a way (other than consulting a manual each time) to determine exactly
where over the wing is the best place for the CG? MSFS is kind enough
to show me a diagram with the current CG marked, but I don't know how
far back I should try to place it.