Old February 9th 12, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default AH and minimum equip list

On Feb 9, 10:04*am, Brad wrote:
My sailplane lists an Artificial Horizon as part of the minimum
equipment list, I made it that way for safety. Am I now prevented from
flying in competition?

Brad

Seems to be a strange thing to have done. Nothing stops you adding
anything on top of the minimum listed equipment. If I had the choice
I'd include only airspeed indicator and altimeter and I'd include the
option for those both to be electronic.

Someone will say - what about the compass? That's not on my minimum
list now and when PF is finally available the useless compass will go
away to make room for the PF display.

I believe the answer to your qustion is - Yes.

Andy