Old February 9th 12, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default AH and minimum equip list

On Feb 9, 10:27*am, Brad wrote:

So it looks like my Tetra-15 will not be able to compete because I
elected to install an AH for safety reasons.

No, that is not necessarily the case. It should be fairly easy to have
your paperwork amended to remove the equipment list. Then you can
carry the AH when you want, and deactivate it for contests.

When I was campaigning the HP-11 I had a 1940s vintage turn gyro in
the center of the panel, but with no vacuum source. It was mostly for
ballast, but it also had a working skin/slip ball. During contests I
just put a Post-It note that said "INOP" on the glass over the turn
needle. Nobody ever dinged me on it.

Thanks, Bob K.