Old January 29th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Default Just curious: Water landing question

es330td wrote:
What kind of space does it take to land/takeoff in a plane with
floats? I realize there are all sorts of rules about where one can do
this but I have a relative with a ranch that has a fairly decent sized
body of water on it. This is Texas, so its pretty flat with neglible
trees and I wondered if a plane could be put down there. I tried
looking around a little online but couldn't find anything that spelled
it out.

One nice thing about water TO and landings is that you can generally
take good advantage of the prevailing wind to reduce the distances.
Of course, if the pond is long and thin then this is a moot point.