Old January 28th 10, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig[_2_]

Default Hexcel Hexweb Source

On Jan 27, 2:53*pm, brianDG303 wrote:
On Jan 27, 1:35*pm, JJ Sinclair wrote:

I got a bunch of the stuff used in the ASK-21 fuselage. It isn't
aluminum, some kind of plastic. Will that do?
JJ

I buy it all the time in small and large quantities, and in many cell
and thickness dimensions, from:

http://www.honeylitelouvers.com/whatis.html

I use it for lighting, but here is what they say:

HONEYCOMB: * * *The "honeycomb" material that is the basis of our products
was originally developed as a low density-high strength core for
structural use, primarily for the aircraft industry. Utilizing its
intrinsic characteristics, we have developed a family of effective and
versatile glare control devices.

REDUCE GLA * Honeylite louvers help control brightness from a
variety of light sources. Whether you are a lighting designer or a
manufacturer, we can help you control glare. From MR11 point sources
to studio high output fluorescent fixtures, we have louvers and
accessories tailored to the application.

Hope that helps,
Brian

You could always grab everything from the straw bin from McDonalds ;-)
Craig