Old March 18th 21, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default $1 billion BMS Ooops...

On Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 4:28:20 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On 2/24/2021 4:41 PM, Dave Nadler wrote:
https://insideevs.com/news/490300/hy...ll-82000-bevs/

Discuss amongst yourselves...

I'm glad to see this has generated some good discussion, but there were
a few rather bizarre posts. To be extremely clear:

1) I'm not "hating" on anyone, and I sincerely wish success for the
manufacturers, even those who have behaved badly...

2) The purpose of the post, for those it seems lost on, was to
illustrate that even the big boys in industry with colossal resources at
their disposal have problems. This stuff (electronics in general and
certainly battery storage and propulsion systems) is not easy.

3) Because it is not easy, the manner in which engineering is approached
matters. A lot. I've spent decades unsnarling engineering problems of
all stripes, and certainly in gliding I've seen how the sausages are
made. And I've seen, and continue to see how the same mistakes are
repeated and repeated...

I hope this all has helped general understanding of the issues,
Best Regards, Dave

PS: Really now, How Hard Could It Be?

I would appreciate hearing from you what problems you have had with your Antares if you are interested in sharing. Eric seems to think that all of these problems have been solved, but I am not convinced. In fact, significant new problems have materialized that weren't present in the Antares, like fires.

Tom