Old May 9th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default MoGas Tips, Tricks, Concerns, How To

We have a 1964 Cessna 172E with a Continental 0-300D. It has the
AutoGas STC, but we've never used anything but 100LL. We've had some
lead deposits and a stuck valve last spring.

With the rising cost of 100LL at our airport, I'm looking at starting to
use 87 Unleaded auto gas.

Is there a resource for tips on using MoGas? Filtering, checking for
alcohol, vapor lock problems, freshness, water, etc.

I've seen Jay's "Mightly Grape" on the web but that might be a little
overkill for us.

Right now our co-op is selling 100LL for $3.70 and MoGas is just under
$3. We'd save about $6 per hour on MoGas. Is it worth the risk and
hassle. I don't know how excited I can get about lifting a 5 gallon jub
up to fill a high-winger.

Just hungry for some info. Thanks in advance from the group.

Al