Old May 9th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default MoGas Tips, Tricks, Concerns, How To

On Mon, 08 May 2006 18:33:22 -0700, Al Gilson wrote:

We have a 1964 Cessna 172E with a Continental 0-300D. It has the
AutoGas STC, but we've never used anything but 100LL. We've had some
lead deposits and a stuck valve last spring.

With the rising cost of 100LL at our airport, I'm looking at starting to
use 87 Unleaded auto gas.

Is there a resource for tips on using MoGas? Filtering, checking for
alcohol, vapor lock problems, freshness, water, etc.

For alcohol testing go to:

http://www.eaa26.org/apr06.pdf

and check page 5.

Ron Wanttaja