Old August 8th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.products
john smith[_2_]

Default Good Garmin 396 Mount - Cessna..

In article ,
"Russ and/or Martha Oppenheim" wrote:

Don't know if this is comparable or not. I have a 296 and fly a rented
Cessna 152 or 172. I have a beanbag bracket which just sits on top of the
dash and holds it. It's very secure, has never fallen off, and I can use it
on what ever I'm flying.

You don't fly in much turbulence, do you?
Even the suction cup mount can come loose when the bumps reach a given
level.
The most solid mount is the yoke mount, it remains firmly attached
during the roughest of rides.