Old September 13th 11, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
weersch[_2_]

Default Transponder: Mode-C or Mode-S?

Hi Morteza
I have the Trig21.
Installed myself in my experimental to replace a Terra250.
Had no problem to get it signed-off at standard price at Precision
Static in Livermore.
Very happy with it.
Reno sees it very well, even at 18k. No issue with the output power.

When the PowerFlarm arrives, I suspect that suddenly there will be a
miraculous unexplained wire in my harness.
I guess that wire will be carrying 19200 baud NMEA sentences from the
PowerFlarm to the Trig21 and the Trig will be squittering 1080ES ADS-B
Out after someone accidentally toggled the setting in the setup menu
to enable this feature.
Of course I have nothing to do with this. I will stay legal.

I got a good price from Tim M. Better then mentioned above.

You can see my installation he
https://sites.google.com/site/threeu...21-transponder
Or you can have a look at my ship at Tahoe (or soon down the hill)

3U