Old September 13th 11, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default Transponder: Mode-C or Mode-S?

When the panel became a power hog, Rex Mayes installed a 2-panel
Strobl Solar system.
On blue days it produces almost half the required current, a decent
battery extender.
But not very efficient under clouds.
Jim

On Sep 13, 1:24*am, Andy wrote:

The TT22 draws about 20 percent more power when transmitting than the
TT21. It's not a lot, but with PowerFlarm going in to my panel as well
I will end up with a 1.5 amp total current requirement, so I figure
every milliamp is worth saving. It seems odd to me that Trig didn't
design with the Class A floor as the break point between design
specs. *Then again...

9B