Old May 3rd 16, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default cold weather flying

What about this..

if you have a heated option, try a pair of booties OVER your shoes. I have two different overshoes for cycling. One is just rain protection, the other is insulated.

When it's really cold out. I'll wear my regular shoes, then stick a toe warmer on the OUTSIDE of the toe of the shoe, then cover with the insulated bootie. Works for the bike. I'm gonna try it in the glider.

May help to get warmth, without bulk. With size 13s... I need all the room in the nosecone I can get!

JP