Old November 5th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

Default Todays Cost of getting a PPL

john smith wrote:

After reading John's (BucFan) posting and the revelation that he spent
$12,500 to get his PPL, I have to wonder how representative this is?
It certainly is daunting, to say the least.

I reckon that what is unusual about John, is his candor in admiting
(to himself/others) what he actually spent; when I was trying to
figure things out and budget my initial private certificate, I found
that the answers I got were a bit useless as most people I talked
to were rationalizing away a lot of the costs.

--Sylvain