Old October 18th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kloudy via AviationKB.com

Default ASW20 and Discus in Club Class next year.

Nick Olson wrote:
Well IGC are letting in the ASW20 and Discus into Club
Class next year, (and increasing the handicap on the
Std. Cirrus at long last!). Which one should I buy
- which is likely to be more competetive? or is there
an alternative? I would like higher performance for
non-competetive distance flying.

The Discus is a great ship. I love it but compared with the ASW-24, IMHO it
does not handle as well as the Schleicher and the cockpit appointments are
not as comfy. If you can swing it, I'd say stretch for the '24. It will
probably serve you longer and grow with your abilities longer than the ASW-20
which seems may be getting a little "long in the performance tooth".

I must admit tho' I have not flown the '20 yet.