Old April 3rd 04, 05:22 PM
BTIZ

Jeff... there is an excellent Rail Museum along the water front in the down
town area. Early April may be to early for rafting the American River from
Folsom Dam to down town. Drive up to Williams, short drive north on I-5 and
check out the glider operation. If you are going to Lincoln, drive up to
Grass Valley, there used to be an excellent tour through a mine in the area,
I forget the details.

BT

"Jeff" wrote in message
thanks for the input, we are staying in the area for a couple of days,

rental
car and staying at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento.
We are only comming down to see a horse we bought up in Lincoln (paid for

it,
just havn't seen it yet), no nice hotels in Lincoln is why I am not flying
into there (at least thats what my map program says).

Maybe I will get to see Arnold while in the area
(have to find something to do besides looking at the dang horse for 2

days,
no matter what the wife says)

Bob Fry wrote:

KSAC is the preferred GA airport over KSMF. GA certainly can use
KSMF, but KSAC is much better set up for GA traffic. As for the cross
runways (6!) frankly I find it confusing. Many taxiways cross runways
and it's easy to make a mistake. I almost always ask for a
progressive taxi because I don't use the airport often enough to get
familiar with it.

Of course, depending on where your final destination is and what your
ground transport needs are, you might prefer other, smaller GA airports.

Jeff writes:

on the 9th we are flying into the Sacramento, California area, I

havn't
made up my mind which airport to use, SAC or SMF.
Anyone here familiar with the area and is either better then the other
for GA ?
I am leaning towards SAC because of the cross runways and looks to be

good GA airport.