Old March 1st 04, 03:34 PM
Bert Willing

Under German law, this legal right is straightforward:

With a glider, the right do an outlanding is granted regardlelss who owns
the field. The owner of the field has no right whatsoever to prevent the
evacuation of the outlanded glider from his field.
The conterpart is that all damages are covered by the glider's insurance,
and that the pilot of the glider must communicate his name and the insurance
contract number/contacts to the owner of the field.

On the other hand, if you intend prior to take off that you will land in a
certain field, without authorization of both the owner of the field and
aviation authorities, you better forget about it.

--
Bert Willing

ASW20 "TW"

"Todd Pattist" a écrit dans le message de
Bruce Hoult wrote:

My take on it:
- being denied the use of a suitable landing area *would*
create an emergency.

I'm comfortable with this definition. Of course, I consider
a "suitable landing area" to be one that is known to be
landable and where I have the legal right to land. As a
consequence, I don't consider a landing at such a place to
be an "outlanding." If the necessity to land does not give
us the right to claim an "emergency," then I see no
justification for smashing up some poor farmer's crops no
matter how smooth his field is and no matter how safely we
can land on his young plants.
Todd Pattist - "WH" Ventus C
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)