Old September 16th 03, 09:55 AM
B2431

From: Richard Lamb
Date: 9/16/2003 1:50 AM Central Daylight Time
If you want cad templates, for pete sake, draw them up and save them
as templates.

I use MicroStation and have made cels of almost every instrument, switch etc I
have laid my hands on. It's a bit time consuming initially, but it makes life
so much easier in the long run.

I make the faces as detailed as possible so that I get a better feel for what
the panel will look like. The side and top views are not detailed since I only
use them for depth and interference problems.

It is also a good idea to make cels of the fittings and connectors used also
since they increase the overal depth behind the panel.

I also made placard and label cels since it is a lot eaier to move them than to
retype them.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired