Old August 15th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
PPT33R

Default Superior Millenium Overhaul

I have been considering a Millenium Overhaul from Penn Yan due to my
perception of value for the $ (new cam, new cyls, and better warrantee
for much less than other OH), but I am nervous about Superior's
warrantee provisions.

I have been warned by two A&Ps to stay away because Superior has fought
every warrantee claim they helped file tooth and nail.

There are also mandatory service provisions on a Millenium Overhaul to
maintain warrantee. I heard that one of them is the owner cannot
perform oil changes (must be done by an A&P), and mandatory oil
analysis.

Anyone know if this is true? What is the "fine print" on the warrantee
that Superior does not provide on their website?

Kind of makes me nervous when a company presents an incredibly good
warrantee, but does not publish the specific owner requirements...

Anyone care to comment?