Old January 15th 07, 05:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Boulder Colorado Wave Forecast?

Gunnar wrote:
Hi Paul,

I haven't seen the runway at Boulder since before the first snow
storm two weeks ago. Just driving around Denver has been a pain. The
pictures I've seen show too much snow for the towplanes on 08L-26R, the
glider strip. It might be a week or so before it's usable. Looks like
more snow this weekend, slap my mouth! We need that westerly wind to
do some snow eating!!!!!!

Check with the folks at Mile High Gliding, they are in the office every
day and will have a better sense of when operations will resume. Any
other SSB'ers have a prediction on when we'll be back in the air.

Gunnar

Mile High flew a scenic Tuesday, and perhaps another day, so the runway
is just usable again, though I hear the mounds are hard, so best to
avoid them.

Frank