Old April 20th 04, 10:35 PM
Michael

Greg Esres wrote
I'm not familiar with the tail of the Mooney. The Seneca does have a
stabilator and an anti-servo tab.

There is no problem with stabilator authority, it's just the amount of
physical strength required is high at low airspeeds.

The Seneca stabilator with anti-servo tab design is pretty much lifted
from the Twin Comanche (no surprise), which is also very heavy in
pitch as it is slowed from blue line to landing speed. Without
massive retrimming, a good landing is impossible. I never did get the
hang of landing mine properly until I got the electric trim working.
Then I would trim all through short final and flare, and it worked out
OK.

Fix the electric trim. The usual problem with inoperative electric
trim in that system is that nobody has cleaned or lubed the trim
pulleys in years.

Michael