Old April 8th 11, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

Default PIK 20 Trailer Axle

On Apr 8, 9:30*am, JS wrote:
Assuming that Taylor is in the USA...
* Another source is Axle, Inc of Elkhart Indiana.
They build Hayes leaf spring or Alko torsion bar suspension axles to
your spec. Electric or hydraulic brake option.
Bear in mind that neither electric nor hydraulic have a simple parking
brake, like the European mechanical brake systems.http://www.axleinc.com/id2.html
* If the mounting dimensions are the same as the newer Cobra trailer
axles, those are in stock at Williams Soaring, with mechanical brakes.
Newer being the ones with a single-piece floor, slightly wider than
the multi-piece ribbed floor models.http://www.williamssoaring.com/catalog/cobra.html
Jim

On my Dexter axle they had an option for a mechanical parking brake
lever coming out of each drum which I modified the parking lever or
should I say the linkage under the trailer added a cable to the
levers. So when I park and drop the trailer, lever over and it holds
quite nice. See page 7 on the PDF below.
http://dexteraxle.com/i/u/1080235/f/..._Lbs_12-10.pdf