Old October 17th 03, 03:13 PM
Corky Scott

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 03:40:48 GMT, "Casey Wilson"
wrote:

Here's the way I was taught to hot-start the 180hp Lycomings in the Skyhawk:
Follow the check list procedure for a normal (first time today)
start.....

That is:
Advance throttle 1/4 inch
Mixture to idle cutoff
Master switch on
Fuel pump on
Push in mixture control to see positive fuel flow on the gauge
Mixture to idle cutoff
Fuel pump off
Crank the engine
Shove the mixture control to full rich when the engine starts
Adjust throttle for 1,000rpm

It works for me. Even when the OAT is 3-digits

Casey, you just described what the Skyhawk POH says is the "cold
start" procedure.

The POH specifically says to eliminate the use of the fuel pump for a
hot start.

Did you read that out of the POH, or is it something taught to you by
your instructor because he/she found it worked better?

Thanks, Corky Scott