Old August 27th 12, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill D

Default Rope Break!

On Monday, August 27, 2012 10:49:05 AM UTC-6, Bob Whelan wrote:
On 8/27/2012 9:13 AM, Waveguru wrote:

It didn't actually break, it came loose from the towplane end. It happened

at 800ft tho, so it was no big deal. I did manage to hang on to the rope

and drop it back on the airport so we could find it and not do any damage

with it. Got it on video for you all to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zsGcburRP0

http://alturl.com/bdmwy

Boggs

Alright. This clinches it for me. Correlation DOES reflect causation. Would

the rope have broken had you not turned the camera toward the towplane? I get

really nervous when I see people filming stuff anymore! :-)

Nicely handled...

Bob W.

Another correlation reflecting causation is when a glider transceiver emitting RF energy degrades a thermal. ("Over and out - where the heck did that thermal go?")