Old April 26th 04, 06:05 PM
CanadianPilot

We owned a Archer few years back great plane to fly forgiving, cheap to
maintenance lots of after market part knowledgeable mechanic and popular for
resale.

For the new if you are in the state great with the new tax rules on
depreciation, here north of the border we don't have that luxury for new
plane so not that attractive. And the new Archer is the same as the Archer
II only the place of few buttons is different.

But one thing buy the best equipped one you will save money on the long run
because after few months you will want the extra.

Good luck in your search.

Andrew

"Dude" wrote in message
New is worth it if you can afford it and its worth it to you.

Especially if you can depreciate it.

I would strongly suggest that you first consider your mission with a few
people to ensure that the Archer is a good plane for you.

If the Archer meets your needs. I would also look at the Tiger and the
Diamond Star. I think Tiger will pay you cash if you buy the competitors
plane after looking at theirs. Also, the Diamond has a lot going for it

for
not much more cash.

The Archer's big draw is the Piper step up program and available air
conditioning option.

You may even want to look at the new 182. It is much higher in cash, but
also has the a/c.

"raj" wrote in message
I am considering a new Piper Archer - anyone had experience with these
and what have you found?

Is new worth it if you can afford it?

thanks

Raj

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.