Old March 22nd 04, 09:37 PM
Roy

"Richard Pfiffner" wrote in message
Roy

WinPilot has the same update period as SeeYou, and is also the same price.
It also has many more features than SeeYou and has over seven years of
product improvement. And by the way SeeYou is interfaced with WinPilot.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Winpilot used to work on pay every six months to stay current.
SeeYou is annualy.
SeeYou in it's present form shows you where the lift is/was for less money.
SeeYou (planning software) has been on the go for a long time too.
the WP/SeeYou interface is clunky due to bloody mindedness on the part of
one of the writers (and I know which one, so do you)

So far, the only real advantage (bar the bugs) to WP is the ability to call
up another piece of software whilst WP is running. Which I do appreciate.
(It lets me play music on the PDA while still showing WP in all it's glory.)
And let's not beat about the bush here, WP, it's bloody good.
WP has given me more pleasure than anything else I have spent that amount of
money on and Jerry has done a fantastic job with it.
However, he was less than helpful to the SeeYou boys, and they have produced
a cracking first attempt at similar software, which having seen what they
have done with SeeYou, will only get better.

Besides,
I'm an ex hangglider pilot and am well used to sailplane pilots defending
appallingly bad hardware / software as they have never seen anything else.
I hasten to add that WP is wonderful software which I enjoy using, however,
the new kid on the block has made an outstanding first show (despite the nag
screen coming up every 2 minutes on the evaluation version)

Power to both teams ( I should say all three, lets not forget GNII) for
their efforts.
With more competion, things will only get better for us, However, Richard,
you should see about a US distribution deal for MSU now . . . . . . .

:-)

(do you hear chains being tugged?)

regards
Roy