Old November 26th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Pilots Uniform: Good idea??

General aviation is under attack: Many 'forces' would like it to go to
the dust bin of history.

Aircraft charter services, fractional ownership etc is growing leaps
and bounds and as such, more than EVER, FBO's are LOADED with NON
FLYING persons waiting to be picked up for a charter or picking
someone up from one.

I have noted MANY pilots getting out of a 'GA' airplane with the
'DUI' look: you have seen them, Ratty shorts, Stupid logo 'bad
taste' TEE shirts, GOOFY hats looking the FOOL that they ARE!

The NON FLYING Individuals at the FBO's see this and the PERCEPTION
to them is this 'TRASH' is flying in the SAME airspace, airport,
as they and their family!!! ...... Wondering if they( slouchy GA
pilots) are LOADED or high on something!

A Pilots Uniform to the NON flying public conveys a: WELL TRAINED
PILOT...... PERIOD!

They DO NOT understand the difference between a 'private' pilot or an
ATP pilot all they understand is WHAT THEY SEE:

PERCEPTION IS EVERYTHING!

I fly 450 hours per year for my business and I am in Uniform when I
fly

as I am a WELL TRAINED and very COMPETENT pilot:

When I walk into an FBO I am doing MY PART CONVEYING that FACT
to the NON FLYING public!

Comments????