Old August 12th 18, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Graham Robertson

Default Flying with Parachutes

At 16:28 12 August 2018, John Huthmaker wrote:
Well its pretty obvious that the responses here can be a bit of a mixed
bag=
.. Some have very coherent well thought through responses that support
thei=
r position. Others seem much less so.

I appreciate everyone chiming in here. For those who choose not to fly
wit=
h one, I fully respect your decision. I get that they may be
uncomfortable=
.. But I've made up my mind that I do personally want to start using one.

=
I have to imagine that I start using one right from the beginning, it'll
fe=
el weird without one.

I spoke to my instructor yesterday, and he uses one. My soaring club
share=
s an airport with a skydiving company. So he introduced me to a rigger,
an=
d even recommended jumping with one. I tend to think he likes using one,
b=
ut has had few students who had the desire.

I have a beautiful wife at home, and allot of good years left on this
earth=
.. I'd never let a little danger take me away from an exciting sport.

But
=
if there is a way to make something safer, I'm all for it.