Old February 5th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Budget Retracts - Anyone own a Sierra or Comanche 180?

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 22:40:26 GMT, B A R R Y wrote:

I have not found Sundowner parts to be crazy, as many wear items like
rod bushings and Lycoming engine parts are common to all brands. There
are unique parts like gear cushion donuts, but members of the Beech
Aero Club are pretty good about banding together and finding approved
aftermarket deals.

I'd buy the plane again...

I second what Barry says for the Sundowner. Trailing link gear on the
Sundowner cushions even the hardest of hard landings.

Can't answer for retracts though. I figure my insurance is low enough,
where I wouldn't want to get retracts as I am sure it would triple.

Allen