Old July 1st 10, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default Why don't more Young Eagles become pilots?

Jim Logajan writes:

Further note:
According to the section labeled "Lesson 5" on the following web page,
statistics indicate that "low-time" pilots are not the ones who are
experiencing accidents in Cirrus aircraft:

http://www.cirruspilots.org/content/...nslearned.aspx

I have to question the objectivity of a pilot's association dedicated to the
manufacturer's aircraft. Especially when I see statements like "... the
ultimate safety device: CAPS." That's exactly the kind of attitude that can
cause accidents. The author seems to further believe that CAPS is a fix for
all sorts of situations, such as pilot disorientation and loss of control at
low altitude.

These statements do not reassure me. It sounds eerily like pilots who believe
that a GPS will perfectly and perpetually solve all their navigation issues
forever.