Old February 13th 06, 06:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Cessna 150 @ $11,245 per hour

mce wrote:
Well, at least that's my cost basis since I've only put on a little
under 2 hours so far for the demo flight and the short hop home to RDU.
I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster, and first time aircraft
owner. I've learned quite a bit since finalizing the sale just this past
Wednesday, but perhaps the most I've learned is just how little I know!

I have a couple quick questions that I haven't yet found good answers to
elsewhere. I'd appreciate any advice you've got or links to more info.
And if you know someone with a good website on D.I.Y. interior
refurbishment, I'd love to hear about it.

1) Duct Tape residue: Previous owner had duct taped a for sale sign
inside the windshield. It left a couple small lines of residue that
fortunately don't distract from the view forward. But I would like to
clean it off. Any suggestions on what will clean the goo without
destroying the plastic?

Welcome to the money-drain owner's club!

For the windows, try Johnson Pled (furniture cleaner)
first, and Plexiglass polish next, if Pled does not work.

My current plane is a Piper Turbo Arrow IV, OH-PYM.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi