Old October 2nd 19, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default PowerFLARM Core or LXNAV PowerMouse Installation in Towplane

Check with your A&P/IA.Â* When I installed ADS-B in my (Certificated)
Stemme, It was not included in the Approved Models List.Â* All that was
required was for the IA to inspect and sign off my work and complete a
Form 337 which simply stated that the equipment was installed using the
manufacturers' installation instructions, logbooks and manuals, W&B were
updated, yada, yada, yada.

On 10/1/2019 3:17 PM, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

A customer is considering the installation of a PowerFLARM Core or LXNAV PowerMouse with LXNAV TrafficView57 into his soaring club's Piper Supercub towplane. Since it is not an experimental aircraft, the club is uncertain what paperwork is required to satisfy the FAA.

FLARM sells Minor Change Approvals for many aircraft as shown he
https://flarm.com/shop/easa-minor-change-approval-mca/
But the LXNAV PowerMouse is not made by FLARM. And the Piper Supercub is not on the list of aircraft it their approval document.

I'm not aware of any sailplane owner in the USA ever needing to purchase an MCA.

I imagine that his airport's aircraft mechanic can figure-out the paperwork, but his club wants to get everything in order before buying the parts.

The FAA also issued a document that may or may not apply he
https://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgPolicy.nsf/0/1790b02f1833357486257f9200592110/$FILE/PS-AIR-21.8-1602.pdf

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul Remde