Old June 2nd 06, 11:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Jaxida (or other brand) covers

Chris Reed schrieb:

I happened to be chatting to a fellow pilot last weekend, and he said
that when he used covers it took substantially longer to remove and
replace them than it did to rig and derig the glider (LS8).

I can confirm that by my own experience. An LS 8 is rigged faster than
pulled out of a Jaxida cover ... *if* you have two fellow pilots who are
helping you. (This equation will be different for two-seaters, of
course.) Heck, in our club we even rig and de-rig single seaters instead
of putting them in the hangar, because we found even this to be faster!

With Jaxida covers, you don't need that help. I don't have experiences
with one-man rigging devices.

Stefan