Old June 2nd 04, 02:07 PM
Stimbo

(Snowbird) wrote in message Cool! Good luck with it...just keep your head on a swivel. I'm told
we were there on the busiest day of the year (Jan 2nd) which can't
have helped. The problem is, there's no taxiway and the FBO/ramp are
close to one end of the runway...if the other rwy is favored by wind,
it's hard to find a long enough break in traffic to back-taxi. Also
hard to fit into the pattern, what with turboprops and bizjets flying
long straight-ins. But hey, it's the Bahamas...no problem, it will
all work out.

Are you going to rent a raft, and do you have lifevests/EPIRB?

Have a blast,
Sydney

Sydney:

Yep. Yep. Nope. Renting a raft at FXE (Banyan). Bought lifevests and
extra CO2 carts. Even bought a portable Nav/Com (ICOM A23). Although
I did not buy an EPIRB. Seemed like a lot of money. (Yeah.. yeah...
I know... what's our life worth?!) Maybe I can rent one. I'm
shopping for items for a "survival kit" now.

Thanks for the tip on the runway/backtaxi activities and all the
traffic! I'll be flying to the AOPA FLY-IN this Saturday - as I've
done before - so I'll have experience with LOTS of traffic converging
at once.

Stimbo
Medford, NJ