Old May 3rd 05, 11:08 PM
Dudley Henriques

Bad idea! Forget it. Special equipment, special crew, special training, and
whatever you do, don't even THINK about trailing something out the window of
a 172 to avoid all this :-))
Dudley Henriques

"Scott Schluer" wrote in message
Are there any requirements (for either the pilot or the aircraft) for
towing a banner (specifically using a late model C172S)? I'm a private
pilot with about 145 hours TT and no banner towing experience. The only
reason I ask is that my fiance and I are planning on getting married in
Sedona, AZ next year. We both pretty much fell in love with each other on
a trip to Sedona when I flew us both in for a weekend getaway. We were
thinking it would be kind of fun to fly ourselves in again for the
wedding, and then take off for the flight home with a "Just Married"
banner behind us. Corny, I know. ;-) Just wondering what the requirements
for banner towing are...