Old February 26th 15, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default CNC Waterjet cutting instrument holes

Hey All,
Does anybody have any experience with getting a fiberglass instrument panel CNC cut with a waterjet (or any other CNC cutter for that matter)? I called several local shops and I couldn't get a definitive answer whether the waterjet will delaminate the composite around the cut holes or not.
I've previously cut with bi metal hole saws and the hole turned out quite a bit too large and I trust a robot to measure a lot more accurately than myself. I was also interested in laser CNC cutting, but I'm pretty sure that will burn the composite around the edges of the cuts.
Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Omri