Old April 13th 18, 12:05 PM
Skypilot Skypilot is offline
Member

Hi a John, I did the same thing with a Phoebus C. They are fairly bulletproof and easy to work on, we have given ours away for free to young pilots to build time on. They go pretty well cross country but they are are a bit of a floater, not that comfortable, have wooden wings, have gelcoat issues and a removable canopy.
Ours had dual electric varios, flarm, radio and Oudie.
I can’t help feeling that as more than 6 years have now passed and you would be better off in a more modern 15m like a Astir, libelle, cirrus, hornet, Jantar ect. All of them are old but can still be competitive in club class. With the Phoebus I think you would always be looking at the more modern glider.

Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Foster View Post
http://phoebus.vassel.com/site_page_2511/

Thanks for the link. That is a very insightful evaluation. I'm also interested in what others think, particularly those who have flown a Phoebus.