Old July 30th 03, 11:26 PM
Mark James Boyd

I wonder if this is the first glider flight across the
channel? If so, shouldn't we cheer? Didn't balloonists
cheer the meteoric rise of the guy in the lawn chair
with the weather ballons in LA?

Personally I cheer the pilots with smaller brains and
bigger...er, courages. Not necessarily being one myself,
(although there has been much discussion and controversy
on this point), I'm glad there are low-tech pilots
out there setting records the cheap, old fashioned way.

Okay, now how about a transatlantic or transpacific glider flight?
Wouldn't THAT be something. Mr. Fossett, are you reading this?